This is an entry-level qualification, covering the skills needed to help customers in banks and building societies, or in other parts of financial services, such as insurance. Several front-line roles deal with customers and require a high level of technical knowledge and skills across a wide range of products. These roles can be carried out in a branch, over the phone, through the internet and social media, or in an operations centre that supports other areas. The apprentice might deal with individuals, businesses or a small portfolio of accounts.
Who is it for?
Those looking to start a career in the financial services sector.
What will they learn?
This apprenticeship offers a choice of two qualification routes: Foundation in Insurance, or Award in Life & Pensions Foundation.
Whichever the apprentice chooses, they will cover areas such as:
- understanding customers’ needs, and meeting them with the right products and services
- promoting new digital services
- calling customers to strengthen relationships
- resolving tricky complaints
- working with other areas of the organisation to meet customer needs.
During the course (‘on-programme’) and at the end (‘end-point assessment’). Studying towards this qualification also involves off-the-job training and maintaining a training file in line with the employer’s performance management process.
After completing this apprenticeship, the employee can go on to take the following qualifications:
- Senior Financial Services Customer Adviser Level 3
- Financial Administrator Level 3
- Mortgage Adviser Level 3
- Insurance Practitioner Level 3
Future job roles
- Financial Services advisor
- Insurance Agent
You can find out more here